Sunday, July 18, 2010

New Century Farmer

Finally Caught up!

Today seems short and sweet.
I got up and went to church. It was nice to be back at my home church for worship and it was nice to see so many familiar faces that I've missed. After church I headed home and mowed the lawn quick like.

Then, back to Sioux Falls. By the time I got in the house, one of the guys, Wyatt, that I was carpooling with called and said he was getting on I-29 so I hurried up and got my stuff together. By the time he made it to the house i was about ready. We really were actually early getting going but I didn't want to make him wait.

Mom sent us with some cookies she made last night- yum! So, we had some pretty good road food. We headed down to Lennox to pick up Colton, our third traveller at his farm. We met up wtih him there an transferred everything to his car, said bye to his family, and headed out. We made a quick gas stop- and off we went. The trip out was rather entertaining with those two. Colton has subwolfers in his trunk (for whatever reason..who knows). At one point, we had him turn them on to a country song while driving in heavy traffic...what fun. Or another time I pretended to be choking Wyatt around the neck while passing a car. Aren't we mature?! We had a good time, and between the map and GPS we made it here with plenty of time to spare. I showered and had a chance to wander around. While doing so I met up with some other conference participants and got to meet them. At 7:30 we all went to the social where we had pizza and played games. I went down and sat with a table of guys from all over the country. After eating adn talking, we broke out the Jenga. After a couple rounds we read the box and learned that you had to go 36 storied to be a pro...well, we made it to 42 I'll have you know! By the end, everyone in the room was watching us! Another group tried later, but only made it to 40. So, yes, that's right- you are reading a Jenga Pro's blog! hahaha Later, we tried some catch phrase, but weren't near as good at that!

Eventually, I headed to my room to work on some stuff for the college and take care of emails. It was a fun night and I'm so excited to work with these people. My roomate is from a South Georgia cotton farm. She said they also grow some peanuts, pecans, tobacco, etc.

I think it'll be a good time. But, I'm off to bed! Good night!

"Don't cuss the farmer with your mouth full!" - An old Farmer

No comments:

Post a Comment