Monday, July 26, 2010

Homeward Bound

So in summary:



New Century Farmer is one of the best things I have ever done. It was by far the best conference i have ever attended and opened many many doors for me. I learned so much information and how I can apply things back home, as well as the networking. The people there were abslutely amzaing!!! Rarely, do i get to meet and spend time with people my age who are going into production ag as well. I now have friends that can be used as resources in all sorts of aspects. We were all in a simlar boat, and that made it such a great learning environment as well as lots of fun! ...and when they took a bunch of farm kids away for a week and put them all together in the city...did they expect us to go to bed at 10? Haha, we were good, we just had fun when we could.



So, Saturday morning, at 7, after a very reluctant 2 hours of sleep I got up and hopped in the car with Wyatt and Colton and we headed home. I got some sleep in, so that was nice- but there is always something to do at home. As soon as Wyatt dropped me off at Mom's we pretty much went straight to Midway so I could pick up my car. They did some work on my rotars and pads as well as changed my fuel filter. It was nice to have done, but silghtly hard on the pocket book. So, I picked up my car and headed up to Baltic. After checking out things there I headed to Brookings to run some errands. I needed to pay rent, which I did right away, then I needed to meet with lady to sign some papers, and was gunna stop and see some friends. Well, after paying rent I couldnt' get ahold of anyone, so I went to Walmart...and when I parked the car I realized that I was sooo tired. So, I slept in my car in the Wal mart parking lot for an hour. Yes, I did that...you might know you're reckneck when...



O boy- I'm sure the cars that came and went around me thought I was crazy! hahaha- so after waking up and going into walmart to pick up some gatorade to bring back to the ranch I finally go a call to sign the papers- did that quick on campus and then left town.



I got back to Mom and Johns and ate with them and took a nap. Then, mom's friend Barb, who does massage therapy came over and tried to fix my back. I think she helped it, but of course, as a result it was super sore. I went to bed after that in hopes that I would feel better Sunday.

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

No comments:

Post a Comment