Thursday, July 1, 2010

Tired

Today was not extremely productive nor successful.

This morning we did chores and I helped Dean move his pikcup to the field where he would be stacking bales. On the way back we stopped and put a couple cow/calf pairs back in the right pasture. I did it with the pickup...which is rather unconventional- but it got the job done. They must have gotten out where that black bull was jumping the fence last week that I was talking about. Dean went later to fix the fence. Anyway, we got them in with no trouble, then headed home. Dean got in his bale stacking tractor and I took off with the flatbed for Interior.

We were out of pellets so I went up to the Prarie Dog Store (where Merle gets his feed) and picked some up from Leo. This took the majority of the morning because there was some road construction and seemed to be a lot of tourists for a Thursday morning. But, I got there and back and unloaded with no problems. After unloading the day was pretty much history.

I ran in and talked to Merle and Adrienne, then went home to take care of a recommendation letter. I got this call on my way back from Interior from an FFA kid needing me to write and sign this form for national FFA chorus and have it postmarked today...you have to love high school kids. I was there once, so I got it done over lunchtime and brought it to town with me this afternoon. But, before I could sign on the internet, I had to get it working...I called Golden West because I got sick of rebooting my modem all the time.

They sent Stew, the repair guy out- but he went to the wrong house- there lies the problem. Merle sent him over here right away, but it explained the internet issues I was having. Because the phone numbers were switched and the modems weren't- everytime I was calling in or having someone come look at the internet, they were looking at Adrienne's over at the other house.... So they had to switch our routers to make mine work and connect right with their computers. I felt super bad, because that gave Adrienne the slow speed- but she said as long as it worked she wasn't too concerned. ...whew! I thought I might have really messed things up for a second there! So, we got it up and running and Stew took off.

I showered and headed into town. I stopped and mailed letters and got mail and some groceries. But, I spent a majority of my time at the funeral home for Connor's visitation. It was basically only publicised to familiy and close friends (which I didn't know). When I got there it was just MaryKay, Dave, Sue, and Tasha (a college friend of Connor's). I talked with them for a while, paid my respects, and then headed out.

I came home and took care of chores and hung out with Johnny and Rylee for the evening. Merle and Adrienne went in to the family supper and Rosary Service while Johnny and I stayed back. I should have probably gone in for the fire hall cleanup for our event tomorrow- but I really don't feel that amazing, so I just stayed home.

It is now my bedtime- tomorrow will be long.

No comments:

Post a Comment