Thursday, July 29, 2010

Wet

I almost missed the memo about rolling out of bed ontime thismorning!

Last night we had quite the storm and along with it came some nasty lightning and winds. I woke up and had a hard time getting back to sleep. The point is, during that time the electricity flashed and all my alarm clocks were way off as a result. If it wasn't for my mom calling me, I probably would still be in bed!

I did chores at 6:30 and then found out the plans for the day. Before we got too far, all the straw that was loaded last night still needed put in the barn. So, Merle and Dean and I swept out the hayloft of the barn and started unloading. We didn't get too far before I had to go home and change clothes for a chiropractor's apt.

I got out of here by just a little after 8 so that I couls start paperwork around 8:30. While I was sitting in the waiting room, I had to laugh. It's such a small town- everyone that was there was pretty much staring at me or tring to figure out who i was. In fact, the secretary was Adrienne's mom and I"m not so sure that she recognized me either. But, I eventually go the paperwork all filled out and the chiropractor showed up. He did some talking and told me about wha the does and then gave it a shot.

He definitly go my back to move into a new place, but the questions remains...will it stay. We set up a follow up apt down in his office in Gordon for next week as well to see how things progress. Well, I know right now that I didn't keep the adjustment more than an hour. Ugh. My back now feels just as nasty or worse. It's really not comfortable to be in any position but I swear I'll get over it. Hopefully he can figure out how to fix it by next week.

When I got back home I changed clothes and went down to see what was happening. I found Ross, digging out an old marker post for a tank overflow down in by the yard (Dean was fixing on some corral gates). So, I helped him dig and pull out the post. One the things I was trying to do was pull the overflow pipe out of the tank so that we could get teh water out of i tand clean it up. Well, I got it good this time. I managed to tap too hard on the pipe and break the piece. Smooth.

But regarless of me breaking things we got it drained and Merle and Ross and I did some serious mud scooping to get it all cleaned out. There were some goldfish that had been put in that tank so it was kinda funny to scoop water and mud out since you never knew if there was a goldfish around or not! But, we got it scooped out and then headed in to eat. Adrienne had cooked some good minute steaks again so it was pretty hard to pass that up!

After eating, we started to look for the size piping that was needed for the short section of overflow tubing that I broke. Despite looking everywhere- I can't find anything tha titns't perforated around here. That was pretty frustrating since I never needed to break it anyway-grrr...oh well. On his way home, Ross was going to stop and pick up a piece in town. After giving the hunt for pipe up, I got in the rake tractor and we started putting up the hay on the bottoms. Before we left I noticed a leaky tire on my tractor...just one more obnoxious things that needs fixed. The hay was still a little wet, but flipping it over helped some. We hayed the whole afternoon and got all that was cut put up. Adrienne was out stacking bales with teh pickup and Merle joined her later after I helped him put the loader and bale fork on his tractor. We unhooked our haying equipment for now- but I know we still hve some ditches and bottoms to do.

I did chores while those two stacked bales and Dean went up north to work on his tractor. All in all, it was an ok day-but now I'm ready to crawl into bed.

Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment