Monday, August 16, 2010

Bales of Fun...

Sunday.

I got up a little early and Mary and I went down to Merle's to try and load up my chair that i have had in that house since last summer. Since there was extra room in the car, it made sense to just haul it home and my microwave as well. So, we got down there and managed to fit it out the door and into the Explorer. I don't know if she was able to see anything on her way home, but I'm pretty sure the chair made it- haha.

After I laoded her up we said goodbye and I went to work and she went back home to pack and leave. We had such a good time- who woulda guessed! We will have to get together again to discuss movies while they are happening and shoot at random things...

But, it was back to work for me. I went down and helped with chores and saddled up Bodie, and off we went with Delbert for another day in the timber reserve. The goal today was just to get what was left. We figured about 8ish or so, so we new it was slim pickings. There were considerably less of us so we took different, bigger areas of the pasture and started the hunt. We were able to cram four horses up front in the trailer and the four wheeler in the back so Merle zipped around just as fast or faster than we did.

I took a ridge between teh creeks and rode it south zig zaggin the whole way. I never did find anything, just ran into Ross once and didn't meet up with anyone else until Delbert came down a draw towards the end of teh hunt with three steers. That was all we could come up with but we figured that was way better than none, and it coudl be all tha tis left in that pasture. Miraculously, we were able to get the three back home all the way to the electric well at the very last gate they have to go through and they were aftraid of the dumb thing. That was quite the fight and I wondered if we would loose therm there when we were so close! But, we didn't and they eventually crossed through it and went on home whwere they belonged with the others. After we got them in it was still before noon so we were pretty impressed with that. Ross took off right away because he wasn't feeling good and the rest of us headed in for dinner. I helped Adrienne get things ready and then we at soem yummy food. And had the turtle (turle made of cake and green frosting) part of the beach cake I bought at the auction for desert- it was excellent, but then again, I looove cake so you never know!

After dinner Merle and Delbert set out on a quest to find one yearling that was supposed to be in with a neighbors cattle. Low and behold they did find one in that huge pasture and got him corraled up and loaded to our pasture. Meanwhile, Adrienne's mom babysat while we hauled down some oats and I moved some feed. Adrienne dove into town when her mom did and left her pickup at the rodeo grounds so there was a good spot to sit tonight. I kept on working on tings at home and decided to bale stack. She stayed in town with her mom and the baby until Merle came and got her for the rodeo later. I ended up stacking all afternoon until I was almost late the rodeo but I got them all stacked and made the rodeo in time to boot. We did end up with three vehicales there, but oh well. I got in the door just as they were starting and found them in the pickup and had a seat. Adrienne and I went to the concession stand to load up and came back with all sorts of good stuff. All in all it was a good right for rodeo- the show was pretty good and the weather was pretty nice as well. Most of the time those two were tryhing to set me up with a cowboy that kept on coming over to the people next to us. They came home last ngiht from the rodeo saying his name and how we would work just perfectly...then he shows up! good grief Charlie Brown. lol

But, I snuck out alive and unseen and was once again, "that girl" that no on really knows haha. When I finally got backed out of my parking spot and off the grounds I stopped by and dropped off my rented DVD and off I went down the road to home.

Another busy, but fun day!

No comments:

Post a Comment