Monday, August 16, 2010

Grease and Gates

Whew, finally caught up a little bit.

Today was intersting with some rain here and there. After doing chores and laughing at teh half a watermelon that I brought down for the chickens to peck on left over from our explosion.

After chores, I grabbed Nelly and Adrienne, Ross, and I saddled up and Merle gave us a ride to the long, narrow psture alon g the road and off we went. The goal was to move all the black steers we had in there to the creek with the res tof them. We found them all alright but then had a heck of a time sorting the five non blacks out of there. Withe some time, we eventually got the five sorted off and sent the others on down the hill to find their buddies. We went back home and I started in on new projects. Ross and I took off with his pickup to get the chisel and move it. In the process it rained off and on which made the trail extremely annoying to travel, but we made due. We got him all pinned up and then I took off. i met Merle and Adrienne at our turnoff so they each took a pickup and I stayed home and chekced fall calvers.

I didn't find any new calves or suspicious looking cows either. So, I headed home and fired up the 560 and pulled it in the shed before I got toally soaked. I cleaned straw out of it till dinner, then went in and ate some grilled cheese and tomato soup! The best thing ever. I talked to Jonni on the phone while I was in. Last weedenk she roller her four wheeler while four wheelin' in the hills. So, now she's laid up with all sorts of tight and torn muscles. Her and I were supposed to do the meal for the fire deparment meeting tomorrow night so Ic alled her to find out what I needed to take over and she said nothing she was still doing it! Ok...sounds good to me, I just grabbed ice cream and garlic bread at teh store later.

After dinner I headed back out and worked on cleaning out eh square baler in the shed. Adrienne and Merle came up with Rylee Jo and she sure helped us out. They were working on some gate hinges that needed fixing before tomorrow and Rylee was being cranky so I tried to pacify her for a while while mommy was welding away. She eventually fell asleep and they finished up the gate hinge. While they were putting it back on I cleaned up my huge pile of straw and shuffled tractors around- then went and helped them finish up with the gates. I did chores quick after that and then got ready to head for town to get groceries.

It looked like we got it all set pretty good for the morning. Ross came home on the tractor just as I was getting ready to go his way so I stopped and picked him up and took him back to his pikcup on the other side of town. First, though, I stopped by the grocery store and fire hall to drop off stuff. Then, took him to his pickup and came home. I've been doing laundry and typing since. Now, I'm off to bed for an early load out morning tomorrow. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment