Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Cleanin' time

OK, it was the same old story this morning.

I drug my butt out of bed and went down and did chores. We have our little calf sucking good now and it appears he will live. But, boy he sure was a patience tester for a while. We got the horses in and I saddled up Tanner and Ross grabbed his trusty Joe.

Of course the few steers we needed were here close to the house last night but way out yonder this morning. So, Merle hauled us down there and we went and gathered them up and brought them home. They weren't too bad for yearlings, and weren't that hard to find. I kept my eyes open for my old cell phone the whole time but no luck. Eventually I hope to run into it and get the chip out of it with all my numbers and photos on it but who knows if that will ever happen.

So we got the steers in and then sorted them out by owners and loaded them up into Merle's trailer and Delbert's trailer. There were enoough divider gates to make everything work out to be sorted. Adrienne's grandpa came and rode with here and Rylee and Merle pulled the other trailer. They headed up to Phillip to the sale barn.

Ross and I stayed back to start the days work at home. I ran out to check the fall calvers while he was servicing the farming tractor. I found three new calves! They all looked good and apparently Merle foudn two more later so it must be the weather. That's a good deal becuasue as long as they're calving out ok, the better we are to have them out of here and back in their pasture. So, I found them and came back, let the horses out to pasture and headed up to the shed to help Ross.

We spent quite a bit of time blowing out air filters and checking and adding fluid. Not to mention the time it took me to reach my arm all the way across the hood latch cuz it didn't shut right last time to try to get the darn thing open. We finally did but it's an awful good thing I have my mother's arms or it would ahve never worked. We got it hooked up to the chizel and all pinned up and ready to go. Then, I took my pickup and Ross took his and off we went to the field. We dropped his off and he came back home with me and headed out with the tractor.

By this time it was about lunch, so I ran home and ate a couple grilled cheese sandwiches
(my favorite) and then headed back to the shed to service my bale stacking tractor. I didn't wanna waste any more time so I did the neccesary service work adn then headed for teh bottom. There weren't a ton of bales, but they still needed stacked. I was pretty impressed with myself for making pretty neat stacks today- it must be my day. I was laughing as I stacked at one point thinknig of Sabina. She was telling me when she was visiting that her and Nicole used to have contests as to who could stack the neatest pile fastest. That's sure one way to make the day go by! Wish I could have tried that contest with someone. lol...i'd probably lose but it would be fun!

So, I finished the bales and took a couple extra home. Did some cleaning on the work bench and then went down adn helped Merle clean out and rebed trailers from today. While I was looking for the missing shovel that we keep in the nose of the trailer I came across ome posts and post hole diggers that were in the nose of teh horse trailer from back when Dean used it for a four wheeler trailer for fencing. Ross will be happy to hear that his hole diggers are back...

Speaking of Dean, they haven't been here to take care of their goats and chickens. I really want to go do something about it but it's not really my place to do anything with them. It's fair this weekend so you woudl think they would want everything looking nice but maybe he doesn't care. I don't know, it's just annoyhing to think about really.

So, we got everything taken care of and did chores. Then, I ran home and showered for the fire meeting while Merle was checking and tagging the fall calvers again. He picked me up and off we went to the training meeting. This weeks lesson: how to clean the fire hall. lol- we have the pancake breakfast this weekend so it will need to be clean. Jonni and I tackled the kitchen and boy was that fun....she really like the hose. So ( no joke here) she takes the hose to the kitchen floor and jsut starts harpingon it. Then comes in after it with a car washing brush adn scrubs it. Meanwhile, I'm cleaning sinks and refigeratores, Merle is cleaning the men's bathroom, Suzett is doing the truck bay floor, and about six guys appeared to be priming the tender truck trying to get it to run. Note that there were about six ppl tryhing to do that....o men.

It was a pretty entertaining cleaning session. The guys have some phobia of the girls bathroom and wont touch or clean it. Jonni and I are the only females in sight and obviously don't care but it's still funny. I just don't think they wanna have to clean it too. so, Jonni and I get to the bathroom and I'm standing there scrubbing on the sink and all of a sudden here she comes with the hose. And i kid you not, the bathroom was hosed donw...hosed. The toilet paper definitly became a casualty. It was funny, and I have never seen someone clean an entire bathroom or even a toilet with a hose- but now I have. A bunch of teh guys were lookin at us weird but we didn't care cuz we had wayy more fun cleanin then they did. The two of us are also supposed to cook for the next fire meeting so we talked on that all night too. We decided on spaghetti and garlic toast. I am on desert detail fo rsure. I know we want ice cream, but what else would you suggest for desert with spaghetti with a bigger crowd than normal? Pat, you would know I bet! :)

So, we finished up that lovely cleaning session and back the trucks in. We left the rugs hanging we outside and i'm sure teh women's bathroom is still dripping water~ haha But, I'm headed to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment